To the parents and children of Ashdown Elementary School,
Welcome to the kindergarten through second grade school! We anticipate a great year as our staff works diligently with your child to provide learning opportunities that are challenging and engaging. Our Mission statement is: Ashdown Elementary will be a school with an unrelenting focus on learning. We will encourage students to think for themselves and to reach and extend grade level expectations. This will ensure that our diversified community of individuals will develop into resourceful thinkers, lifelong learners, productive workers and responsible citizens in an ever-changing world. Our motto is Today’s Learners are Tomorrow’s Leaders.
Our school values parents as one of its best resources. In this partnership, we will do our best to provide your child a safe and challenging atmosphere in which to learn. Here are some suggestions to help us provide the best education for your child:
- You may begin to drop your child off at 7:30 a.m. at the back doors.
- The tardy bell rings at 7:55 a.m. Please make sure your child is here by that time.
- Make certain your child eats breakfast every morning. If he/she will be eating at school, please have him/her here by 7:45 a.m.
- The school day ends at 3:05 p.m. First bus group and Car riders will be released at this time. Walkers and second bus group will be released at approximately 3:10 p.m. Please allow your child to remain in class until the bell rings. Instruction is taking place the whole time.
- A full night’s rest is important for children. Make sure your child has plenty of sleep each night.
Our school theme for this year is “Super Heroes”! I look forward to a wonderful year with you and your child. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or call the office to schedule an appointment.
Teresa Wake, Principal